Welcome

Hi welcome to my 1993 Robin Hood S7 Monocoque Deluxe blog.


Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cam Belt

As I said in the my last post I had the cam belt break on me when we were away the Cotswolds camping trip. This cam belt is only a year or so old and as you can see from the above photo it has failed in a big way. On closer inspection it looks like the belt has got contaminated by engine oil as there is hardly any wear on it.

The engine stripped of its timing gear







The auxiliary shaft cover removed from the engine block, note the damage to the oil seal.
It looks to me like something has at some point got in between the oil seal and Auxiliary pulley - maybe a stone of some other foreign body, even with a cam belt cover fitted to the engine.



The cam shaft oil seal also has a very slight oil weep so I'm going to renew this at the same time.


The new oil seal fitted to the cam shaft.

And a new oil seal to the auxiliary cover.



The auxiliary cover fitted back onto the block.



Timing pulleys refitted.



And a new cam belt, engine is now set back up on its timing marks.
I hope to have the job finished tomorrow and the engine running again.












No comments: